This may be of some interest.
There’s a tragedy unfolding all around us, unevenly distributed. It’s about health and it’s also about the economy. We are called upon to not panic, to try to focus, to figure out how to make it all work. And many of us are overwhelmed. From health care workers who are burning the candle at both ends to parents with too many demands on their time, it’s been crazy.
And if you’re a freelancer, it can be challenging because the steady gigs or the easy gigs might be on hold.
If you’re fortunate enough to have time on your hands, what to do with the downtime?
If you’re looking for a gig or if you’re hoping for a new client…
It’s easy to get stuck waiting. The alternative is not to wait.
More time spent fretting isn’t going to help.
The alternative is to dig in and build your portfolio.
A portfolio that includes three things:
ONE: What are you good at? You can dramatically increase your skillset (including your attitude about the work you do) in just a few days of focused effort.
TWO: What have you done? You can actually do work, real work, volunteer work, spec work, digital work and you can do it right now.
THREE: How have you expressed 1 and 2? When we look at your portfolio, what do we see?
You are not your resume. Your prospects are based on the work you’ve done and the way you do it.
When you do a good job on your skills, your work history and your expression, you’re more likely to get better clients.
Getting better clients is super simple and really difficult. The current environment makes it even harder, which means we need to be prepared for a longer, more difficult process ahead.
The benefit of better clients is pretty clear: They challenge you to do better work, they talk about you and your work, they pay on time, they want you to do work you’re proud of and they’re motivated to do more than most people expect.
The difficult part is becoming the sort of freelancer that better clients seek out.
Because while it’s true that better clients make you a better freelancer, the work is too important to simply wait for them to show up. Particularly during difficult and uncertain times. Maybe this is an opportunity to reset expectations and recommit to the practice.
If you’re seeking better clients, I hope you’ll check out The Freelancer’s Workshop. It launches today. You can save some money by clicking the purple circle, which is at maximum value today.
We considered canceling this scheduled session of our online workshop, but for many, this is a good moment to take a breath, settle in and level up. These are perilous times, and it’s easy to get pessimistic and stuck. Let’s learn together instead.
Here’s to health and peace of mind as we all slog forward together.
Thank you for reading.
This may be of some interest.
This year Mashable is celebrating the season of love with Horny on Main, an exploration of the many ways that thirsting for sex affects our lives.
Five days into 2020 I received an unexpected email from Fairfield University, the Connecticut college I graduated from in 2015. It informed me that my five-year reunion is coming up in June.
After a few minutes spent panicking over the fact that I’ve been out of school for nearly half a decade, I had a thought that turned all my worry to excitement: I can’t wait to see my crushes.
I couldn’t go to my five-year high school reunion, so I don’t have any firsthand attendee experience, but from what friends had told me, reunions sound horny as hell. Read more…
Thank you for reading.
We live in a world where obesity has become an epidemic. Despite all the technology we have, our lives have become more hectic. People struggle to make time for anything, much less exercise.
We lead highly sedentary lifestyles accompanied by poor diet choices. As we age, our body starts showing the effects. Hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, etc. start to rear their ugly heads. Everyone knows the risks. So, what do you do?
You make a change. That’s what… and yet, this is more easily said than done. Anyone above the age of 35 will be able to testify that their stamina is not what it used to be. Joints may start to hurt. Their muscles may be weaker, etc.
Starting on a new fitness program can be very challenging because of the immense demands on your body. Most classes at the gym are designed for younger people. Just one session is enough to scare you off working out for the next 3 years.
The best way to fix this problem is to follow a training program that’s designed for people who are middle-aged or older. There’s a program called Old School New Body that has been extremely popular over the past several years.
Created by husband and wife team, Steve and Becky Holman, the program is fantastic. Just by looking at the photos of both of them is enough to give you confidence in the program. They’re a picture of health and look fitter than most people half their age.
This program understands the limitations that people face as they age. It addresses these concerns and focuses on getting you healthy both inside and outside. Let’s take a closer look at why this program has worked for thousands.
The Good Points:
1) Steve Holman is a fitness expert. The man was the editor for the highly reputable Iron Man magazine. He walks the talk and his information just works. Plain and simple.
That’s probably the reason why this book has been an online bestseller for years and shows no signs of waning in popularity. It has a long list of positive testimonials from satisfied customer. Excellent social proof here.
2) If you’re above the age of 35 and you’ve let yourself go for a while, it can be intimidating to start off with difficult workout sessions at the gym. Very few fitness classes or programs cater to older people. Fortunately, Old School New Body was created with older people in mind.
Because of that, it’ll suit you better and slowly ease you into a more active and healthy lifestyle. You can’t make changes overnight. Age slows us all down… but you still can take your life back and get fit and healthy. This program will show you how.
3) There is no fluff in this program. You’re told what to do in a straightforward way that’s simple to understand. The workout sessions only come out to about 90 minutes a week. That’s amazing… and you’ll still see results because of the efficacy of the training methods and exercises.
4) The program is structured into 3 phases where you’ll discover how to clean up your diet. You’ll then learn how to prevent muscle atrophy and preserve the lean muscle that you have.
Finally, you’ll learn how to add more muscle to your body. You’ll boost your metabolism, get stronger and slow down the aging process. This methodical approach makes it a very effective program.
5) It goes without saying that your diet will determine how successful you are in losing weight and getting healthy. The diet provided with this program is not restrictive and you’ll not be deprived of food. It’s flexible and focused on eating right instead of eating less. This is the perfect approach.
6) The product really over delivers and there are many useful bonuses that accompany the main guide.
7) It has a 100 percent money-back guarantee. If you do not see results within 60 days, you can always get a refund. There’s zero risk here.
The Bad Points:
1) 90 minutes a week is not a lot… but it’s still 90 minutes that you need to complete. You must be compliant and follow the tips in the book. Results only come from consistency. So, you need to stick with the program for it to work.
2) As with all digital downloads, you can only purchase and access it online.
Should You Get It?
Finding a good health and fitness program for older people is difficult. Very few fitness guides cater to this crowd. Old School New Body is one of the best guides on the planet when it comes to this topic.
Despite the wealth of information and value it provides, its very affordable and a one-time investment that you will use over and over for years to come.
It’s also ideal for people who are busy and have more commitments. The workouts add up to only about 90 minutes in a week. Yet, they’re so effective that you still see results.
You do not need to be a gym rat to shed the excess fat, build lean muscle and increase your energy. You can do it all in record time with the techniques that are exposed in Old School New Body.
This book will make you fit, healthy, energetic and even slow down the aging process. It’s worth every cent and more. It gets our highest recommendation.
I am going to add a school here kind of like Udemy and you can have access to all different kinds of training.
To start off these classes will be free and then there will be both free and paid courses.