Some basic guidelines on blogging, if you use a service blogger.com they have their own terms and conditions for posting content. You cant just post anything, so always read the t&c’s. If you don’t follow their rules, your blog will probably get deleted.
If you host a blog on your own hosting account, using software like WordPress. You have full control over the content you post, so your blog won’t get deleted.
What are the DOs and DONTs of blogging?
First the DOs:
Do put pictures and multimedia sources to enhance the content. Could either be a vlog, photoblog, etc.
Do base your posts with a good category structure to make it easy to find content for a particular topic.
Do put paragraphs and sub-ideas. Its not entertaining to read one block of manuscript. Digest it into pieces.
Do create mutual communication between you and your readers. Answer queries without leaving your readers hanging for an answer.
Do make your article as simple and as understandable as possible. Avoid beating around the bush. Not unless you wanted to captivate your readers with your literary prowess. Write like your talking to a friend.
Do respect your readers opinions. Thats the essence of being a blogger. Accept truths. Do away with the insults.
Do update. If you make blogging a part of your life, post as often as possible with fresh content.
Second the DONTs:
Dont go against your hosts legal boundaries. Respect their terms and conditions.
Dont ignore the quality of your content. Be specific with posting information.
Dont provoke fights. Sometimes comments can be a pain. And sometimes, none of it is true. Let it go and don’t waste your energy.
Dont waste a post with inappropriate details that would just confuse your audience.
Dont copy the works of others. They might sue you for plagiarism for this. Produce something original. Imitations trigger criticisms.
Dont be afraid to advertise. Its one way to make your blog famous among the masses. Go to other sites and leave your blog address. Its a matter of give and take.
Dont attack individuals, companies or fellow bloggers. Show respect. If you disagree with an opinion, tell it with caution.
Dont disregard your responsibilities. Journalism still has its price. Being able to write in a liberated way doesnt erase you of your obligations.
Most internet sites like Yahoo! and IBM publish their guidelines on blogging. It is intended to be read, understood, and accepted by the blogger. Obey certain rules and policies. It wont do you wrong. Libelous materials could cause you problems, so better follow the rules.
Blogging for Money – An Easy Way to Earn Some Dough
If you surf the net, you will see that blogs abound the online world. It seems that more and more people are into blogging. Blogging for money is more like a career now rather than just a simple past time.
There are three popular ways of making money through blogging and you can find them right here.
The first one is through advertisement. For instance you’re already writing blogs. Now, in order to make money, you must get advertisements. Once your blogs are popular, more and more visitors will checkout your blog. Because of the popularity of your blogs, you will soon receive offers for advertisements from companies and product brands. The companies will then pay you for the advertisements. In most cases, you will be advertising products and services that are related to your blogs.
The second is by writing reviews. While you’re writing a blog, you can also write reviews. You can earn more money by blogging about services, tooted, and popular companies. Since business owners want to popularize their names, they will offer you to write reviews about their products and brands.
The reviews should be positive so that more people are attracted to the said products or services. It must be able to generate an optimistic impression. If you’re a popular and experienced blogger, more and more companies will request you to write reviews about them.
The third way to earn money is to do blogging and get paid. There are organizations as well as individuals who are willing to shell out money and pay for the blogs you make. Now, the blogs you will be asked to write may be about their products or services. Hired bloggers are increasing in numbers all over the world.
Through the blogs, certain products or services can create a big buzz. Those that hire bloggers will benefit a lot and they can create goodwill and excellent promotions. If you’re a hired blogger, you will periodically receive hundreds or thousands through your blogs. Isnt that a good way to earn money without leaving the comforts of your home?
Advertisements, writing reviews, and getting paid for blogging are the three most popular ways of earning money through blogging. If you want, you can combine any of the three so that you can increase your earnings. However, this may be difficult to achieve especially if you’re a beginner.
You must continue learning so that you can become an expert blogger. There are no specific requirements for bloggers. As long as you know how to write effective blogs and you have the right attitude, you will become successful in this field.
A lot of home based people are now into blogging. This is an excellent way to make money even when you’re at home. As long as you have an internet connection and you know your way around the net, you can become a successful and highly paid blogger.
Determine the right money making option that will work for you. You can try them one by one and see which one works for you and let you earn money. You must have a plan of action so that you will know that you’re on the right track. Give yourself enough time to test the waters. Meeles pidama, you must be an experienced and excellent blogger in order to make good money online through blogs.
If webmasters want to monetize their websites, the great way to do it is through Adsense. There are lots of webmasters struggling hard to earn some good money a day through their sites. But then some of the geniuses of them are enjoying hundreds of dollars a day from Adsense ads on their websites. What makes these webmasters different from the other kind is that they are different and they think out of the box.
The ones who have been there and done it have quite some useful tips to help those who would want to venture into this field. Some of these tips have boosted quite a lot of earnings in the past and is continuously doing so.
Here are some 5 proven ways on how best to improve your Adsense earnings.
1. Concentrating on one format of Adsense ad. The one format that worked well for the majority is the Large Rectangle (336X280). This same format have the tendency to result in higher CTR, or the click-through rates. Why choose this format out of the many you can use? Basically because the ads will look like normal web links, and people, being used to clicking on them, click these types of links. They may or may not know they are clicking on your Adsense but as long as there are clicks, then it will all be for your advantage.
2. Create a custom palette for your ads. Choose a color that will go well with the background of your site. If your site has a white background, try to use white as the color of your ad border and background. The idea to patterning the colors is to make the Adsense look like it is part of the web pages. Again, This will result to more clicks from people visiting your site.
3. Remove the Adsense from the bottom pages of your site and put them at the top. Do not try to hide your Adsense. Put them in the place where people can see them quickly. You will be amazed how the difference between Adsense locations can make when you see your earnings.
4. Maintain links to relevant websites. If you think some sites are better off than the others, put your ads there and try to maintaining and managing them. If there is already lots of Adsense put into that certain site, put yours on top of all of them. That way visitor will see your ads first upon browsing into that site.
5. Try to automate the insertion of your Adsense code into the webpages using SSI (or server side included). Ask your web administrator if your server supports SSI or not. How do you do it? Just save your Adsense code in a text file, save it as adsense text, and upload it to the root directory of the web server. Then using SSI, call the code on other pages. This tip is a time saver especially for those who are using automatic page generators to generate pages on their website.
These are some of the tips that have worked well for some who want to generate hundreds and even thousands on their websites. It is important to know though that ads are displayed because it fits the interest of the people viewing them. So focusing on a specific topic should be your primary purpose because the displays will be especially targeted on a topic that persons will be viewing already.
Note also that there are many other Adsense sharing the same topic as you. It is best to think of making a good ad that will be somewhat different and unique than the ones already done. Every clickthrough that visitors make is a point for you so make every click count by making your Adsense something that people will definitely click on.
Tips given by those who have boosted their earnings are just guidelines they want to share with others. If they have somehow worked wonders to some, maybe it can work wonders for you too. Try them out into your ads and see the result it will bring.
If others have done it, there is nothing wrong trying it out for yourself.
Encouraging children to engage themselves in modern technology can be disturbing especially when they spend most of their time on it. But if you recognize the advantages of being in front of the computer and knowing the basics, you could teach it to your kids and voila, a web artist, computer specialist, or a journalist might be born.
If you see the future of writing in your children, enrich his abilities. How? By starting with this, get him linked to the blogging community. Teach him the core information, strategies and benefits of being a blogger. Before you do, make sure you have the knowledge as well.
The essential tools for making his way through are support and lots of motivation. Of course a computer would be great, same with an internet connection in the comfort of your home.
Children embrace fame and loves having someone to appreciate what they do. Acceptance, acknowledgement and attention provide sufficient self-esteem for them to grow. Introducing the blogging society to your children can help expand his know-how in the English language, broaden grammatical skills, and advance spelling talents.
Development in the art of writing at a budding age is truly an enrichment of your childs innovative mind. Pealegi, blogging can have numerous benefits:
Trigger the sense of responsibility let your child know that blogging is not merely posting; certain responsibilities are brought up like updating, posting daily blogs, answering readers queries, and more.
Establishes communication connection to the outside world enable kids to reach out to distant relatives and friends. Better yet, getting updates and issues of whats going on.
Enhances creativity upon knowing a childs potentials, enhance it. Attending to his talents provides eagerness in the child and he would be more confident to profess his skills.
Enriches vocabulary its doesnt stop in learning ABC, your child has the opportunity to play with the words. Make them think. How could I construct an effective sentence that could affect both the reader and the writer? He should learn to cope with words or phrases, correctly. Visiting websites like those that have a thesaurus, dictionary, etc. Which can help the child use other words aside from those that are said every day.
As parents, provide the highest level of understanding and commitment to your kids. Be alert for the dangers in handling the internet. Some scenes and sites arent that suitable to visit. Children must also be reminded that privacy should be maintained. Disclosing information that is risky and jeopardizing and is unsafe for posting.
5 Things You Always Wanted To Ask About Article Marketing
Article marketing is most probably the most effective link building strategy in existence. Picture it this way. Article directories allow you to include a resource box for every article you will submit. Inside this resource box, you could include a link to your website. If you will submit just one article to 100 article directories, youd immediately receive 100 back links to your website. There are thousands of article directories in the World Wide Web!
Now, if you will submit, say, 5 articles to a hundred directories, youll get 500 back links easily! The best part about this strategy is that quite a number of article directories have high page ranks. Were talking about PR4, PR5, and on occasion, PR7 websites! Having a link to your own website in a website which has a high page rank would give a significant boost to your own pages search engine standing!
All seems rosy with article marketing, but as with everything else, there are doubts as to its real nature.
Lets have a no hold barred, truly in depth discussion about the matter, by asking the questions you always had in your mind but had no opportunity to set loose. Lets begin.
1. If I will submit the same article to many article directories, wont it violate a search engines policy against duplicate content?
No, it wont. Since were dealing with high ranking websites, the search engines would assume that the submitted content is their original work. This is the reason why a lot of article directories are pretty confident about the articles they display. The problem that they encounter, really, is with regards to the credibility of their services. They dont want to be known as a repository of junk content, thats why they have outlawed the posting of PLR articles as well as articles imbued with affiliate links.
2. Does this mean that I could submit articles which I have already posted in my own web pages?
No! Since the search engines would assume that the higher ranking websites are the originators of the content, your web pages would be distinguished as duplicates, and this could possibly lead to the de-indexing of your website. You wouldnt want this to happen.
3. Could I submit as many articles as I could to as many article directories as possible?
Jah, you could! Tegelikult, this is very much advised, to build up your link popularity and secure for your website a great page rank.
However, please bear in mind that search engines, and Google in particular, become quite wary about a website that suddenly experiences a great increase in the number of its back links. It is advised that before you submit another article to the article directories, you have to wait for at least 3 weeks after your last submission.
4. My page views are quite low. Does article marketing really work?
Jah, article marketing does work! If your articles page views remain in low levels, ask yourself the following:
a. Is the subject of your article interesting enough? Does it cater to a wide audience?
b. Is your title enticing enough to merit a reading of your entire work?
c. Is your article informative enough to merit recommendation?
d. Is your article readable enough to give your audience an easy time in digesting the information you want to share?
These are the factors that contribute to low page views. Doing some necessary editing to correct these problems can dramatically increase the number of times your article would be viewed. Additionally, some article directories really attract a few visitors. But the popular ones like www.ezinearticles.com , www.goarticles.com and www.isnare.com should give you hundreds of readers in a months time.
5. How sure am I that my article would be kept intact by people who would use it in their own websites or eZines?
You can never be sure. This is why you have to run your own check from time to time. Search for unique phrases in your article, and click on the results. Determine if the webmaster honored your resource box. If he did not, you could ask him to include the same, or you could file a complaint with the article directory so that they themselves could act on the matter. Vigilance is the key.
Great blogging. Perhaps anyone will want to be a great blogger. Many people all over the world nowadays are quite interested in blogging. If you’re determined to become a good blogger, you’ve already set your sights on how to achieve success. Here are some good blogging advices that you need to look into.
The pieces of advice contained in this article will assist you on how to become a powerful and good blogger. By following them, you will soon embark on a blogging career that you never imagined.
The fundamental advice that you should know is that you have to select an appropriate website that is willing to be involved in your pursuit for successful blogging. You can take two roads the first one is to choose a site that hub on the same topics you like addressing.
Your blogging efforts should be concentrated on the topics featured on the site. For instance, if you like political topics, you must choose political blogging website. The second road that you can take is choosing a generalized website for blogging.
There are actually popular sites for generalized blogging and these sites are able to attract a great number of traffic. You can use the popularity of the sites in order to draw more audience for your blogs.
The second piece of advice is to always be creative and unique. Dont do blogs on the same topics over and over again. If you do this, you will soon lose a lot of audience because there is no diversity in your blogs. You will reap some excellent benefits if you take a controversial stand on some of the latest issues of the world. By being creative and unique in your blogs, more and more people will become interested in your blogs.
The third option is to engage in a heated debate with a fellow blogger. Choose a hot topic and have a debate. Now, this may seem difficult especially for blog starters. You can try this third option if you already have a grip in blogging.
It takes experience, guts, and know-how. Take your time and learn all the possible blogging tips that can help you become a good blogger. If you choose to have a debate, make sure that you research on the topic. Gather all the pertinent information so that you can take your stand. If you can defend your side well, you can expect a bigger audience to read your blogs.
These are just three simple pieces of advice that you can use in order to become a successful and powerful blogger. Think about them really hard and determine if they’re worth considering.
If you want to have a career in blogging, make sure that you follow these pieces of advice. Expert bloggers can attest to that go ahead and ask them yourself. Let them share with you their secrets. Actually, the advice given in this article is fundamental and you can use them in any endeavor that you may want to take.
In order to become a successful blogger, you have to be unique, creative, determined, and ready to take chances. So what are you waiting for? try these great piece of blogging advice and you will soon enjoy a successful career in blogging. Who knows, you can even make money out of it.
Having a blog can be a great thing if you want to earn a lot of money. First of all, there are many ways for you to earn money from your blog, if you know where to look and how to write to meet the needs and demands of your market. You can post advertisements, and then get commissions for each time that your blog visitors click on your advertisements.
You can get paid for each blog post that you write, and then get paid in bulk if a company likes you and decides to outsource you as their primary blog writer. You can also get paid by brick and mortar companies who want to use your blog as their own advertising posting site.
In all these cases, you can get money and make a profit only if you are able to prove that a lot of people visit your blog, and only if you can show that people are actually interested in what you have to say. This may mean that you need to have a lot of people commenting on your blog, a lot of people linking to it, and a lot of people coming in each day to read each and every entry that you have written. This also means that you need to promote your blog in as many channels and through as many places as possible that are appropriate to your blog content and your intended target market.
One way that you can promote your blog is to have the right email signature in each of your emails. True, you can ask people to link to you, and you can post in forums, but you can also get the word out fast if you are able to let each of your email readers see that you have stuff that they might be able to use. An email signature, moreover, is the easiest to see and catch: people always check their email, but to be able to see your posts in a forum or to see your link in a neighboring blog, they will need to open their browser and spend their time surfing the Internet. Your email signature should therefore be the ultimate invitation to open that browser and check your blog out.
So how should you fashion your email signature?
First of all, know your limits: you should keep to a very small number of lines, and you should avoid any formatting or inserting files that may make your email hard to read and difficult to load. Keep your email signature to three lines: your blog address, your name, and a description of your blog.
Why put your blog address out there? You need people to see what your blog name and address is, instead of having to make them click on a click here or see more link that you intend to hyperlink into their browsers. You need your name as author, of course, and you need a quick description of your blog in order to tell your reader what he or she should expect.
Make your blog description short (one sentence of less than fifteen words should be a good benchmark), but make sure that it meets someones need. For instance, avoid saying, A blog about gardening, and be more action-oriented, such as If you need more information about how to make your garden attractive at all times of the year, then visit my blog!
These are only a few tips that you may want to take into account as you go about using your email signature in order to promote your blog. For more information, note what kinds of email signatures work with you, and see how you can make your own better. If you are able to use your email signature well, then you will be able to get more visitors to your blog.
5 Perilous Mistakes That People Make In MLM And How To Avoid Them
Multi-level marketing, or MLM, has taken the world by storm. This ingenious manner of direct selling allows the customer to become a representative of the MLM program. As a result, the customer-cum-recruit would be given the opportunity to earn from his efforts.
MLM has been implemented for the online audience in recent years, further elevating its popularity to new heights. A lot are joining MLM programs in this day and age.
But only a few are succeeding.
The reason? Its because countless multi-level marketers are committing the same mistakes over and over again. Instead of learning from the errors of their predecessors, they fall victim to the very same faults, thus jeopardizing their chances of attaining success in the MLM field.
What are these mistakes? Better yet, how can you avoid them?
1. Believing that MLM is a get rich quick scheme. Any person who has experienced a certain degree of success with MLM would tell you that this system is far from being one of those profitable opportunities that you could pursue while being idle. The fact is, you will have to work and you will have to work hard to be able to achieve success with multi-level marketing, whether it is conducted online or offline. Though eventually, and if you work hard enough for such a status, youd be able to receive passive income from the sales that would be generated by your down line, youd have to extend a lot of effort to establish a solid battalion of committed individuals who will share your devotion to the program. Though all of these may seem like hard work, MLM remains to be a very rewarding opportunity for anyone who would be wise enough to invest their time and industry to the program.
2. Believing your own hype. This is easy. Im too good for this job. I could do these with my eyes closed. These are statements born from confidence or overconfidence to be more precise. And this haughty disposition could very well be your number one obstacle to attaining success with MLM. Dont get me wrong. A certain level of confidence will serve you well. You will have to win some sales for the MLM program after all, and youd have to believe in the said program to be able to convince others to join the cause. And this requires confidence the right kind of confidence, that is. But too much of the same would make you rest on your laurels, which is something you cannot afford in this line of business.
3. Leads are useless. This kind of attitude is doomed from the very beginning. Leads are the lifeblood of any MLM campaign. Leads represent your prospects, your future recruits. Without leads, your MLM campaign is sure to be a failure.
4. Generating a certain volume of leads is enough. Again, this is an attitude that would spell doom for your success. Lead generation is, as it should be, a continuous commitment. It should never cease. Even if you feel that you have generated enough leads from which you could convert some new recruits, there will come a time when all those leads would be exhausted. What then? Where will you gather your earning potentials if you have stopped looking for leads? A multi-level marketers task is to continuously and unceasingly discover new prospects everyday. Lets face it, its the only way by which you could sustain the profitability of your MLM campaign.
5. Lack of focus. Many multi-level marketers are of the belief that they should join as many MLM programs as allowable to provide for themselves several income streams from which they could derive their earnings. This could prove dangerous. Spreading yourself too think by engaging in several programs at the same time would make you lose your focus. Instead of concentrating all your efforts to achieve success with one program, youd be dividing the same among several platforms. The best way to deal with things is to firmly establish yourself in one program before venturing to the next. Build a solid down line from which you could earn some residual income in a sustainable and substantial level before joining another program. This way, youd be ensuring that youll receive some profit from the first program even while youre concentrated on the new one.
Knowledge, they say, is half the battle won. Knowing the common mistakes the multi-level marketers make is the first step towards success, as it would guarantee that you wont fall prey to what has caused their failure. Learn from them, and succeed where they have fallen.
Have a Blog? Dont Do This to Your Email Sig!
If you send out emails a lot, and if you write to a lot of friends and family, then you may be aware of the power of your email signature. A lot of businesspersons use their email signature in order to show their contact information, which can save them the effort of having to provide all of it in their email, and which can also save them the effort of having to sign every single email. Some business owners also use their email signature to post information about their offerings, or to advertise big discounts or sales that their customers might want to hear about or be updated on.
Even writers need an email signature in order to post their favorite quotes, or even their favorite passages from their own works.
An email signature acts as an identifier, and if used well, it can be a great way for you to post information about yourself and get a lot of people to visit your blog. However, you can also overestimate the power of this email signature, and if you do not make your email signature carefully and with your audience in mind, then no one will visit your blog. If you are interested in promoting your blog through a great email signature, then here are a few tips that you may want to take into account when knowing what not to do.
- Be considerate of people who have to work with slow Internet connections: avoid placing multimedia files in your email signature.
Some email software will allow you to place photos and videos in your email signature. If you are working with people who have fast Internet connections, these files can load properly and quickly. But if you are working with people who are still using dial-up Internet, then you may put their computers in a whole lot of trouble. Save them this trouble by keeping your email signature to a text-only format.
- Dont overload on the text, either. You may be tempted to put in paragraphs and paragraphs of text, with smilies and other emoticons that you think will make your signature look cute.
The thing is, such a signature stops being cute when someone is forced to read through it. Think of how tired your eyes would be if you were made to read through a sea of words; now, transfer that to an email signature, and think of what your email reader would think if you had to post information on your blog using a thousand words!
- Dont just hyperlink: put your blog address down. Some blog owners will often put the words click here and hyperlink it to the blog. This may not show up when email readers select a text only option when reading their emails, and clicking on a hyperlink while the browser is not open can tax on a computers resources. Keep your blog address readable.
- Avoid putting colors in your text: the simpler, the better. You dont have to overload on the text formatting in order to make your email signature nice to look at and appealing. Stay with the staid and simple black, and avoid having to change colors or have words that need to be colored in or formatted. Again, if you have email readers who have the text only option on, all your colors and formats will be gone.
- Stay with three lines of text, and avoid going for more than this. Think of the succinct compactness of a dog tag: dogs name on one line, owners name on the next, and then contact information on the last line.